Conscious Cleaning; Part 1
We are absolutely in LOVE with this time of year. The warm weather and the lighter evenings gives us all the perfect opportunity to start opening up and organising our homes. Now is the time to slow down to breathe, and to refresh our minds, our souls and our homes. But how can we consciously ‘clear up’ without ‘clearing out’?
By switching to clean, green and sustainable cleaning products, you're protecting our precious environment as well as your family's health. Did you know that toxic cleaning products can leave microplastics around your home as well as being linked to a multitude of adverse health effects? Meanwhile the plastic packaging clogs up landfill and affects waterways.
Cleaning our home shouldn’t involve dirtying up the planet, so Part 1 of our guide is here to share our tips on how to avoid this as well as revealing our favourite eco-friendly cleaning products.
Chemical Free Cleaning
Making the switch to eco-friendly cleaning products is becoming more and more popular as we start to question the ingredients in more than just the food we eat. Our promise to you is that our sustainable cleaning products are Plastic-Free, Australian Made, Certified Palm Oil Free, Synthetic Fragrance Free, Vegan Friendly and don’t contain any nasties;
- The Stain Remover Laundry Bar; For a natural stain remover, you can't go past our Stain Remover Laundry Bar. This high performing bar with no nasties is so easy to use wet, apply, wait, wash! Infused with Lemon Myrtle and Eucalyptus essential oils (and certified 100% palm oil free), this eco-friendly product eliminates stains as well as plastic waste.
- The Vege Bar; When you're unsure where your fruit and veggies have come from (i.e. you didn't grow them yourself!), we suggest giving them a good wash prior to storing/eating. That's what our Vege Bar is for! You can rest easy knowing you've removed any nasty pesticides and other chemicals while enjoying the natural taste of your produce. The Vege bar leaves no aftertaste. Yay!
- The Dish Bar; Banish chemical heavy dishwashing liquid (and plastic containers) by switching to our Dish Bar. Guaranteed to bust through grime, your dishes will be left sparkling.
Avoid Synthetic (aka plastic!) Cleaning Products
Most commercial cleaning products like sponges and cloths are made from synthetic materials - even microfibre cloths are made from plastic! When these synthetic materials break down, they can enter our drains and our waterways, or they end up in landfill, unable to break down.
Switch it up this Spring and invest in plastic free, reusable cleaning products instead:
1. Hemp Tea Towel; Perfect for drying dishes or vegetables, covering dough, wrapping bread or covering food at picnics or BBQs is the Hemp Tea Towel. Our Hemp is also GOTS certified which ensures that it’s produced in an environmentally and socially responsible way.
2. Compostable Sponges; A straight replacement for your old plastic scourer is our eco-friendly Compostable Sponge. The loofah side is tough enough for scrubbing pots, pans, and stubborn marks, while the cellulose sponge is perfect for everyday use (on dishes, benches, bathrooms etc.). The beauty of our eco-friendly sponges is that they’re fast drying and completely compostable!
3. Cellulose Sponge; Banish dishcloths AND paper towel in one hit with our practical and planet-friendly Cellulose Sponge - our eco-friendly and sustainable alternative that can soak up 20x their own weight in liquid! This beauty doubles as a sponge and paper towel. Pop it in your washing machine, and it's good to go once again (for up to 6 months!). Dispose of the cellulose sponge in your compost bin when you're due for a new sponge.
Detoxify your life from plastics (and nasty chemicals) that clutter up your cupboards and damage our environment by switching to eco-friendly cleaning products today.
Now is your time to slow down, breathe and refresh. Go forth and sparkle with sustainability! We’ll be back with part 2 soon!