Summer calls for salads!
If you're like us you can't get enough of delicious, fresh, crisp salads at this time of year. We've got two recipes that everyone will love this festive season! One hot, and one cold you can take your pick on which one you'll be serving up at your next dinner party.
Roasted Carrot, Cranberry & Almond Salad
What You’ll Need
- 1-2 x Bunches of Dutch Carrots
- 1/4 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 Cup Almonds
- 2 tbsp Hummus
- 1 tsp Paprika
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan-forced.
- Line a baking tray with Un-Baking Paper. Cut the tops off your carrot bunches (keep the tops and try our Carrot Top Dressing recipe). Place carrots in a colander and wash with our Vege Bar.
- Dry carrots, and cut in half lengthways. Add to your baking tray, drizzle with oil and sprinkle over 1 tsp paprika.
- Roast for about 20-25mins in the oven until browned.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop your almonds into chunks.
- Once cooked, place carrots in a serving bowl or on a serving platter. Dollop over the hummus and sprinkle the dried cranberries and chopped almonds on top. Enjoy!
- You can also drizzle over some more olive oil if desired, or the Carrot Top Dressing would make a delicious addition too.
Fennel, Asparagus & Red Onion
What You’ll Need
- 1 Large Fennel Bulb
- 1 Bunch Asparagus (approx 6-8)
- ½ Red Onion
- 1 tsp Nigella Seeds
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Slice the fennel bulb with a mandolin or knife, into very thin slices. Keep the fennel leaves to use later.
- Cut the ends off your asparagus and compost them. Slice the asparagus in half, and then lengthways so you have thin strips of asparagus.
- Slice your red onion into thin semi circle rounds
- In a mixing bowl (we use our Round Eco Stow) add the fennel, asparagus & red onion. Tear over the fennel leaves.
- Drizzle with lemon juice & olive oil and top with nigella seeds.
- Mix it all together before serving!