Summer picnics are just around the corner and what better way to prepare for it than learning some new recipes to wow your family and friends.
Crunchy Pita with tahini drizzle
Makes 6 / 45min preparation / 2 hr resting & baking
4g instant yeast
5g himalayan salt
190ml warm water
14g extra virgin olive oil
Crunchy Smokey Chickpeas
1 x400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed and dried
1 clove garlic, minced
15ml olive oil
5g smoked paprika
45ml fresh lemon juice
5g dijon mustard
10g pure maple syrup
1 clove garlic, minces
Pinch himalayan salt
Roasted vegetables (my favourite is zucchini, eggplant & cauliflower)
Prepare your pita dough
- In a stand up mixer combine the flour and salt, mix to combine then sprinkle in the yeast.
- Once mixed thoroughly, pour in the warm water and olive oil
- Use a dough hook to knead the mixture until all the flour is absorbed, this will take about 30 seconds.
- Once the dough comes together into a sticky ball, place it in a bowl, drizzle over some extra olive oil and cover with a tea towel. Leave in a warm place for 1.5 hours.
- Once your dough has risen, portion your dough into 6 even pieces and preheat the oven to 220 degrees celsius fan force.
- One by one, on a floured surface, roll the portioned dough into a circle till it is about 12-15cm in diameter.
- Once rolled out, place onto a Seed & Sprout Round Un-Baking Paper - rest for 15 minutes.
- When ready, place the with the Un-Baking Paper onto a tray and bake for 4-6 minutes till cooked through.
Crisp the chickpeas
- While the dough rises, prepare your crispy chickpeas by mixing them with smoked paprika, salt and olive oil. The spices will coat the chickpeas.
- Place them on a baking tray lined with Seed & Sprout Rectangle Un-Baking Paper.
- Bake at 200 degrees celsius (fan forced) for 20 minutes or till they are super crunchy and golden.
- Combine all tahini ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
Assemble the goodies!
- Take each warm pita and lather in hummus, then layer your chosen roast vegetables, sprinkle with crunchy chickpeas and drizzle with tahini sauce.
Summer Stonefruit Galette
Serves 4 / 45min
1 sheet plant based shortcrust pastry
4 of your favourite summer stone fruits, cored and sliced thinly
¼ cup pure maple syrup
20g almond meal (optional)
Your favourite vanilla bean plant based ice cream or yoghurt
- In a small bowl combine the maple syrup and spices - set aside.
- Place your sliced stone fruit in a container and pour over the maple syrup mixture - set aside to marinate.
- While this infuses, remove your shortcrust pastry from the freezer to defrost.
- Preheat your oven to 220 degrees celsius fan force
- Prepare a square Seed & Sprout Un-Baking Paper on an oven tray
- When your pastry is pliable, place it directly onto the Un-Baking Paper.
- Cut each corner of the pastry inwards about 4cm, this will allow you to fold later
- Sprinkle the almond meal on the base of the pastry (this will help it crisp up)
- Start to place the stone fruit in the middle of the pastry and work your way to the edges, leaving a 4cm border,
- Once you are finished, fold each edge over inwards, overlapping the edge of the fruit and fold under the cut edges to form a square.
- Place in the oven for 35-40 minutes till golden brown and crispy
- Serve with your favourite plant base ice cream or yoghurt! Yum!