Nothing beats a freshly baked muffin straight from the oven! Our Community Manager, Sarah whipped these muffins up for us to enjoy at a recent photoshoot, and we’ve been obsessed with them ever since - so we thought it’s only right that we share the recipe with you all.
These muffins are soft, sweet, and fluffy. Perfectly lemony with the healthy, sweet kick of blueberries. They are vegan too! We hope you love them as much as we do.
- 1/2 cup of melted vegan butter
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of soy milk
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups of fresh blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 180oC and set up your muffin tray with your Silicone Muffin Cups.
- Zest your lemons so they are ready to use and set aside.
- Measure out and melt your vegan butter.
- Add to your mixing bowl 3/4 sugar and your melted vegan butter and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add your zest, juice, milk and vanilla essence to the bowl and stir.
- Now add all dry ingredients flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix.
- Once you have the right consistency, gently fold in your blueberries.
- Add the mix evenly to your Silicone Muffin Cases and bake for 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool and enjoy fresh out of the oven
- We recommend buying organic lemons when using the zest but if that’s not possible make sure you give them a good wash using a Pot Scrubber and Vege Bar before zesting.
- Make sure your vegan butter is melted and still hot when you add it to the sugar to make sure the sugar dissolves
- The blueberries will retain their heat so allow to cool before eating (especially for younger hungry mouths)